Saturday, August 20, 2011

Why Jam?

Why Indeed?? 
     There I was minding my own business...working and taking care of my fabulous daughter, when out of the blue, I saw a magazine on the topic of canning and BAM!  It was like being in love all over again!  I remembered making jam and jelly years ago and the satisfaction that comes only when you are creating something that is totally your own and not only that, the jam I made way back in the day was really good.  Now I have to admit....it's even better.  I fruit that I use in my jam is most often from local growers ( yay farm families) and I am just flat out a better cook that I used to be!
     Sure it is fun to start up a business and see it grow, but the pride I feel when I hear "Oh my that was GREAT jam", is just wonderful.....
    I hope that this business grows and grows and grows...my daughter needs a new viola (she is an awesome musician)  but even more importantly, a portion of every jar I sell will be donated to the Lebanon Free Clinic: http://www.waterstreetministries.org/WaterStreetMinistries/WaterStreetHealthServices/LebanonFreeClinic.aspx
  So...today I made a batch of Mango-Peach and tomorrow I may add to my "Happy Hour" collection and try a batch of Peacharita or maybe Peach Martini, or Peach Daquiri...Mmmmmmmm peaches!
                                                                                                            HuneyBee

No comments:

Post a Comment